Dog: Beds Clothes Ramps Remedies Sweaters Toys Treadmills
Dog Party Ideas
Use our dog party ideas to create a custom event!
There are many things you can prepare when you throw a dog party, often at next to no cost! Get a dog-loving friend or two involved and you can have loads of creative fun, making it as elaborate or as simple as you want. Just remember to relax and trust the process as your dog and dog guests will pick up on it if there's tension.
Our dog party ideas include dog cakes, other party foods, dog costumes and party hats, party themes and a few other pointers.
Things to Make For Your Dog Party
Dog Cake Ideas
Dog cakes can be easy to whip up and bake.
Our dog cake ideas call for mostly healthy ingredients (whole grains, low fat dairy, fruits and vegetables) for the cake batter as well as the spreads and toppers.
Best of all, they can be enjoyed by both dogs and humans!
|Healthy bluebanapple cake awaits further decoration
Cheese slices with toppings can be rolled up or left open
Other Party Foods
Of course you may want to serve more than just cake. Here are some suggestions:
- Appetizers - A base of cheese slices, whole grain crackers, OR celery sticks to which you add: finely chopped raw veggies or fruits; canned or cooked fish; nut pieces; or unsalted peanut butter.
- Biscuits, cookies
Costumes & Hats
Dog costumes can be made from a variety of materials including fabrics, yarns, or cardboard. Check your local thrift store or rag bag for repurposing possibilities.
Dog party hats can be made using one of our basic designs. Then you simply dress them up with decorations. Again, there is no limit to what you can create!
(Just be sure to avoid small parts that a dog would be tempted to eat and swallow.)
Dog Party Themes
Parties that are based around a theme are usually more organized and it can be highly entertaining comparing the outfits that people come up with for their dogs.
Below are some of these dog party ideas - but of course you are not limited in any way...
- Beach - Bathing suits, beach umbrellas, sunglasses, wading pools
- Celestial - Asteroids, comets, moons, planets and stars
- Country - Farm animals, overalls, straw hats, wheelbarrows
- Graduation - caps and gowns, prize bones
- Hawaiian - crepe flowers, flowered doggie shirts, raffia skirts
- Holiday - Chinese New Year, Christmas, Guy Fawkes Day, Halloween, Hanukkah, July 4th, Kwanzaa, Mardi Gras, St. Patrick's Day, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, Your country's costumed holidays, such as Independence Day, etc.
- Pirates - bandanas, eye patches, gold earrings, skull and crossbones, striped shirt
- Seasons - Spring, summer, fall/autumn and winter
More Dog Party Ideas
Customized invitations - There are so many options nowadays:
- Search online for free invitations to customize and print.
- Use a sheet of paper, some markers or ink pens, and food coloring or paint, then design your own dog party invitations.
- Glue on lace or ribbon or get a paw print rubber stamp to make borders.
Themed tablecloths and napkins - If using paper, you would most likely want to buy these - dollar stores often have a lot of party supplies. For the cloth type, scour your local thrift stores for napkins and tablecloths, or go to a fabric store and purchase dog-patterned fabric. You may want to make the napkins large enough that they can be turned into dog bandanas.
Goody bags or baskets - These can easily be made from paper bags or cute baskets from thrift stores. Decorate as desired with ribbon, feathers or colored paper.
Party favors - These are what you stuff inside the goody bags. They can include homemade dog treats, toys, bows, id tags or bandanas. (If you plan to add party food or cake leftovers, call them "doggie bags" - food containers can include empty egg cartons or plastic baggies.)
Well, hope you have enough dog party ideas to put on a great shindig!
If you'd like to share photos or a story of how your dog party went, please go to Share Your Dog Story
Return from Dog Party Ideas to Home