Dog Cake Toppers
Make your dog cake toppers out of healthy ingredients!
No need to worry about what to add to the dog birthday cake. Start with the dog cake spreads then use any of the colorful dog cake toppers below for your writing and designs.
Types of Dog Cake Toppers
To make it easier, I've divided topping ideas into color categories with suggestions on how to prepare them.
- Bananas - full or half sliced rounds or logs, or mashed (dip in lemon juice or vinegar to keep from browning)
- Cheeses - grated, sliced, cubed, slivered
- Coconut - grated, unsweetened
- Crookneck squash - cut in any shape you want or cooked and pureed
- Dry milk
- Fresh grated apple - add a few drops of lemon or vinegar to keep from browning
- White rice - plain or as rice pudding without sugar
- Carrots – cooked slices or coins; raw curls, matchsticks, grated coarsely or finely
- Cantaloupe melon – different shapes
- Cooked pumpkin and other winter squashes - sliced or grated (if not too soft)
- Sliced peaches
- Yams or sweet potatoes – cooked or finely grated raw
- Beets - canned slices or julienned
- Radishes - slices or slivers or outside curls
- Red cabbage - cut in thin strips, cooked or raw
- Raspberries - unsweetened
- Strawberries - unsweetened
- Blackberries - unsweetened
- Blueberries - unsweetened
- Red cabbage - cooked or raw
- Broccoli –cooked or raw slices of stalk, crumbled florets
- Celery crescents or logs
- Green beans - no salt canned or cooked frozen
- Green cabbage - thin strips
- Honeydew melon – any shape
- Parsley - stalks and leaves
- Peas - no salt canned or cooked frozen
- Spinach - raw or cooked, stalks and leaves
- Apple butter
- Bread - Whole wheat, dark rye
- Brown rice
- Carob powder mixed with cream cheese, cottage cheese or yogurt
- Grated apple that has been exposed to air
- Liver paté
- Nut butters
Applying Toppers to a Dog Birthday Cake
- Use toothpicks to outline basic figures on your cake. For
example, if you want to do a doghouse sitting on a lawn, use a row of
toothpicks set close together to outline the dog house doorway, the
sides and the roof.
- Fill in the areas outside the toothpicks first, then
the inside areas. When you're done, remove the toothpicks and adjust
toppings to cover up the holes.
- For writing on the cake, use the end of a potato peeler or butter knife
to write words in the spread. Then fill with toppings that stand out.
- Note toppings can be raised higher than surrounding areas for effect.
Now it's time to serve and watch the party guests oooh and aaah over the cake you've created before they gobble it all up!
Return from Dog Cake Toppers to Dog Party Stuff