Dog: Beds Clothes Ramps Remedies Sweaters Toys Treadmills
How to make dog toys:
Tennis Ball Slingshot
- Find two sticks about 24-30 inches long.
- Take a strong rubber band and band them together at one end.
- Tie each end of a long sock to one of the open ends of the sticks to make a sling between the sticks.
- Put a tennis ball in the middle of the sling.
- Take two strings of some sort (could be cut open rubber bands).
- Tie the strings on the sides where the tennis ball is.
- Hold the together end of the sticks with one hand, squeeze the top and bottom of the tennis ball with the other and pull back and let go.
Extra- for dogs that bring ball back but won't let go- keep two tennis balls and after the dog brings one back slingshot the other so he'll drop it and chase that one. Do it over and over.Editor's Note: Anna, thank you for this creative idea! I tried making one and added a couple of details to your instructions for clarity, although I'm not sure what the extra strings are for. (You can use the Comment feature if you want to reply).
I found if I keep the sticks together at the ball end, it holds the ball in there. To get ready to launch it, I put that end back over my shoulder, then bring it forward and use my hands to open the sticks at the right time so the ball can fly forward.
Click here to post comments
Return to Unusual Dog Toys.